Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running for our future!!! :)

I wanted to take a minute to report as Dad on our past weekend. I am sure Mommy will post more on it later, but I figured everyone really wanted to hear from me...(probably not, but I am posting anyway!!)

This past weekend Carson's Daddy and Pop (my dad), ran in the Chicago Half Marathon. We had been training since June and had run quite a few miles together preparing for the event. Along the way we both had some struggles in our training with vacations and injuries, but when it was all said and done we both finished and had some great memories together. We ended up with an official time of around 2 hrs and 27 min (We had a little misshap at the last water station or we would have come in a little faster!!!). All said, we averaged about 11 min per mile which actually wasn't that bad for someone as out of shape as me! It was a great experience to be able to accomplish something so significant with your father, and I am sure we will both never forget it. God has created fathers for such a significant purpose in the lives of their children and this weekend reminded me of how the best fathers will do anything for their children, just like God has done for us.
Carson, I hope that someday we will be able to experience something like this together and that you will be able to learn how to be a great father from the examples of your Pop and your Dad!
Here are a few pics from the run...




No comments:

Post a Comment