Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Carson's Room


This past weekend, Brandon and I worked on Carson's room. Thanks to Brandon's mom, Mimi, coming to help, we were able to get all the paint on the walls and get all of the boards sanded and distressed. A friend of ours graciously came and helped make sure that the boards on the wall were secured. Here is our progress so far...




My gracious grandmother, Nannie, gave us a vintage rocking chair that has been in her house since I was a little girl. We had the comfy chair recovered. Yeah, I know it doesn't look too boyish, but you know a little boy can't have a rocking chair in his room forever! It will eventually be put somewhere else in the house.


"The Before"

"The After"


















In addition to the previous accomplishments, Brandon almost completed re-doing our bargain, $20.00 chest, hung a fan, and graciously helped find a "black" crib. So that is it for now...more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment