Saturday, March 1, 2014

Well Worth the Wait

This past week while picking out a present for a friend, I was faced with the parental dilema of whether or not to give in to my son wanting a gift of his own.  After a few minutes of debate, we decided that he needed to see how much money was in his piggy bank.  Well, Carson was $4.00 short of having enough money for the toy.  Brandon and I decided that if he did certain tasks around the house, then, he could earn the money.  Daddy helped him learn how to wash the dishes off, change out the trash, and do a few more things around the house.  On Friday, he had earned the $4.00 so we were off to the store.  Carson continued to want no other toy, but the one that he worked for: the Play-doh Firetruck set.  I am so glad that we waited in buying it.  He is soooooo proud of that toy and in two days has spent at least 4 hours playing like crazy with that toy.  I desire to have a hard-working grateful, son.  Hopefully, we are on the right track! 
 
 
 








2 comments:

Sarah said...

So proud of you guys as parents. This is a great way to teach him!! The pictures are great. :)

Anonymous said...

Carson, we'll have to put you to work when you come to Breckenridge!! Good job!

Post a Comment