Monday, February 24, 2014

BIG NEWS!!! Baby #2 is on the way!

I sometimes think that I have God figured out.  Boy, I am wrong!  We went through a very difficult time when we wanted to have our first baby.  It started off with a miscarriage, which is extremely hard to swallow on your first pregnancy.  Then, we went through a year of waiting.  Then, we went through lots of fertility testing.  When you are in the process of waiting, you have the choice to give up on God or to lean upon Him.  Even though, Brandon and I experienced many highs and lows during that time of waiting, we chose to lean on Him.  However, after going through that journey, we both had put in the back of our mind that Carson would be our only child of which we were more than grateful for!  In December, God showed us that He had a different plan!  I found out the week before Christmas that we were pregnant.  Initially, I had figured that I could wait to tell Brandon on our anniversary, but the anticipation took over.  I ended up telling him the day that I found out.  Carson and I were painting snowman.  We made a picture with four snowmen: Daddy, Mommy, Carson, and of course KK.  (Well, that is what Carson told Brandon!)  After some eye contact, I smiled and said that is not KK.  Disbelief, gratefulness, anxiety, happiness, joy, and every other emotion surrounded us for a period of time.  After 14 weeks of feeling extremely yucky, we have made it through to functioning more like a normal family.  I am currently 15 weeks, and I will go for my second doctor appointment on Monday.  We are very thankful to God to have had made it thus far!  Carson is sooooo excited to have a baby brother or a baby sister.  We love to hear him talk about Baby and give Baby kisses.  Hopefully, this extreme love for his sibling will do nothing but continue to grow.  Thank you to our families who have helped in numerous ways to get us through this first trimester.  The tears of joy, laughing, disbelief in our family's eyes were a priceless Christmas gift to give them as Carson trotted in wearing his "Best Brother" t-shirt.  Many more memories are on their way...

15 weeks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thrilled to become grandparents again in August! Carson has brought such joy to our lives and it has been a blessing to watch you and Brandon being parents. I have learned so much from both of you. It is reassuring knowing that our grandchildren are being raised in loving, Christ-centered homes.

Sarah said...

Whoohoo! :) I'm so excited for you and sending God praises now! I sent you an email tonight. Love you!!! :)

Post a Comment