I always love what Carson has planned to say to me when he wakes up from a nap. For a few weeks, he would consistently wake up and ask, "Whatcha been doing?". For a few days in a row, I told him that I had been painting so he got to where he would wake up and say, "Been painting?" Well, it has been several weeks now since I have been painting during nap time because we have had so much going on, but honestly I love the days when I get to paint. I have this love to find hidden treasures and so does my husband. So whether it is at a garage sale, a flea market, or something from our grandparent's house, it is always exciting to find the least wanted piece of furniture and get to work. Generally, when we bring something home, I don't know exactly what it will look like when I finish. In fact, it usually isn't until the very end of the project when I truly see what the piece will look like. Unfortunately, I always forget to take pictures of the before so really only Brandon can truly appreciate the piece when it has been transformed and redeemed from the ugliness of its old life. For me, this transformation process is a way that I can tangibly grasp what God is doing to me. There are many times in my life when I have felt like the least valuable object in the room, yet God takes me anyway and sands away my imperfections so that His original creation can be restored. Carson, there are going to be many days throughout your life that you will wonder what God has planned for you next, but my greatest prayer is that he will work in your life and continue to refine you, sand you, until you become closer and closer to His reflection. God will never leave you alone in an empty room. He chose you to be His and that is what makes you special. Thank you for teaching me more and more about God's love each day. It brings joy to mine and your dad's heart to hear you sing of God's love, to hear you say His word, and to watch how you at two-years-old share God's love with others. We love you!

You will always be my inquisitive little boy. You are constantly asking questions and seeking to find answers.
Carson and Grandy feeding the ducks. Grandy is trying to get Carson to throw it just a little further.
Sweet Nannie and Carson watching the ducks.
You have grown up so much these last few months. You want to go down the biggest slides all by yourself. "I can do it...I can do it."
 |
| Last weekend, Brandon's family got together in support of Aunt Donna to
walk and raise awareness for MS. Here Aunt Donna and Cousin JD tried to
lead the crowd but it appears that they were headed in the wrong
direction! After many turns, our family got together as one. |
Here Carson is all snuggled up with Grandmother. It was quite a pleasant ride until the tires started slowly going down...down...down.
The
bright blue shirts with orange writing are those from our family. It is
hard to tell who is who due to the amount of layers that each of us was
wearing. It was cold to say the least and a long 3-mile walk but at
the finish line everyone was full of smiles. Donna, we love you and are praying for you!
2 comments:
Carson, you are so blessed to have parents who are training you in the way you should go. Even though you are only 2 years old, we can already see what kind of person you are growing up to be. Most importantly, you love God and Jesus. You are kind-hearted, good-natured, and loving. We are so enjoying watching you grow up! Love, Granna and Grandy
C-
I am so proud when I get to show you off at family events! You are my sunshine! I love you very much!
Mimi
Post a Comment