The past two years of your life, I have shared you with my friends and our family through this blog. But as your mom, who loves you so much, I want you to know more. Hopefully these aren't words that someday you will just read, but hopefully, you will read them and be able to say "that was who my mom was". So these next years of life or as long as God keeps me on this Earth, these words are for you. I want you to see my heart as I journey to a closer relationship with God, my Father.
A few days ago, I was listening to the radio when the song, "Imagine" started playing. The lyrics of the song start with..."Imagine there's no Heaven". While I am sure that there are many meanings to the song, I couldn't get the first lines out of my head. You see "if there was no Heaven", there would be no God and that is beyond my imagination. I want you to always be aware of God's presence in your life. So many times in our life, we wait until we are in desperate need of God to seek Him. However, that is not how God intended it to be. He wants a relationship with his children all of the time. So some things that I do to remind myself daily of His presence is to start my day talking to Him, ask Him to lead me to people who need Him, go on walks and enjoy all of the things that He created, read His word, and spend time with people who are committed to Him. While I am far from perfect at this, I can't tell you how different my life is when I am truly living for Him and not my own selfish desires.
I love you,
Mama
*I hardly have any pictures of you this month! Shame on me. The ones on my phone won't download clearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment