Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sandestin 2012

This last week we were blessed with the opportunity to go visit one of our favorite places, Sandestin, FL.  This was Carson's 2nd time to the beach, but I don't think he remembered last year's trip:).  This year, my mom, dad, sister, brother, and sister-in-law joined us for the journey.  This was my parent's and sister's first time to Florida.  We rented a suburban and traveled 14 hours down there and 13 hours back.  My little man was a trooper the whole trip.  Thanks to great friends, we were able to borrow a portable dvd player so he enjoyed watching Elmo and the other "cartoons".  I had packed many zip-lock baggies full of activities to keep him entertained.  He also enjoyed many snacks on the road.  We  also turned his carseat around for the first time, so it was seeing the world from a totally different perspective.  Here are many pictures of our journey!  We wish we were still there!!!


Carson loved digging in the sand and making "soup".


Grandy and C blowing bubbles.
 
Sweet KK and C.  This year the seagrass was the worst we had ever seen.  Typically, the ocean is so clear.  This was our first day at the beach, and the worst seagrass day!




At the Destin Harbor

McGuire's had dollar bills everywhere.  It almost felt like we were in a cave!


Don't know why I think this picture is soooooo funny!


Celebrating Uncle J's 35th birthday for the "first" time!
 
Daddy and Carson enjoying snuggle time and cartoons!
We took a boat ride to seek out dolphins!  Thankfullly, we were able to see several!

Carson on his first train ride!  He is fascinated with trains right now (in addition to lawn mowers)!

Carson dancing the night away with KK.  He put on a show and got an ovation at the end of the song!  Not sure where he gets this from!



Why don't we live here???


  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carson, we loved spending our vacation with you and the rest of the family! Just in case Granna forgets this story...I don't think I will!...We had driven almost 13 hours coming home. I said, "Carson, You have been so good. Daddy just keeps driving and driving and we just keep going and going. You were listening very intently and you answered with "AMEN!" (We needed some comic relief at that time!!")This was the first time I had seen white sand and blue water and spending that time with our whole family was truly a blessing!

Post a Comment