Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our Baby is ONE month-old!

On the 28th, our sweet baby boy turned one month-old. It is amazing how much they change in such a short period of time. Each day, he resembles his daddy a little more. This past week, the little man was diagnosed with reflux and is now taking meds to help relieve the discomfort. The things that I absolutely love about Carson are...

-his fascination with his hands
-his little smiles that are becoming more intentional each day
-the way his hair sticks up in the back after a long nap
-his long fingers and toes that everyone notices
-those dark blue eyes that gaze up at you as he cuddles in your arms
-his coos and many grunts
-his love of music and lights
-the way he enjoys soft touches to his head, back of neck, and nose
-his amazing strength of which we prayed for daily before he arrived
-his ability to recognize his mommy and daddy's voice
-the way he stretches with his arms straight up in the air above his head
-the way he rounds his lips and sometimes gives the pouty lip
-the way his little ears are curled in on the top just like his daddy's
-the way he lowers his chin to give himself the double chin

...and the list continues. Once again, it is amazing to see the little creation that God designed just for us. The last few days the thing that has stuck out to me is how dependent little Carson is on us. His every need requires his mother or father to assist in some way, whether it is something good or changing of a dirty diaper. It is a reminder to me of how dependent on our Father that we are. There are so many times that my selfish nature tells me that I can do something all by myself when the reality is that I can't. So..as I go about today, I am trying to have a heart that is more thankful for the little things because without my Creator, I wouldn't be able to accomplish any of them.

Carson, we love you so much! Yes, you are a handful, especially with the reflux, but I wouldn't trade the sleepless nights and the ability to be your mother for anything. We are so thankful that this first month has gone so well! We love you little man!

Now, here are some special pictures from the last couple of weeks.






Carson meets is Great-Granddaddy for the first time!


Carson enjoys his first Christmas with his Great-Grandmother, Great-Granddaddy, and Mimi


Carson receives his first basketball goal!


Carson enjoys Christmas with his Great-Grandma and Great-Aunt Charlotte!


"I've been attacked by reindeer!"


Christmas at Mimi and Pop's house.


"Thanks, Mimi and Pop, for all of my new presents!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing! He's so gorgeous and I wish so badly I could hold him and kiss his little nose:) One day... I'm sorry to hear about the reflux, but I pray the meds work well and he'll be feeling better and you'll all be sleeping better. I hope you are well and know that we are thinking about you all a lot! Love you!

Amber Rader said...

The first month flew by! We'll be praying for his reflux to get better. I love the pictures, especially the one with the reindeer. He's such a cutie!

Post a Comment