Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Thanksgiving to Remember...

Due to my travel restrictions, we celebrated Thanksgiving this year at our house. We decided to continue the tradition of cooking the same foods that my "Mima" started years ago. The biggest challenge was the dressing, but I have to say it tasted pretty good! Everyone pitched in on the cooking, including dad! Way to peel those potatoes!

On Friday, we decided to join the crowds for the Black Friday sales. This was the first time ever we have been in the city to take advantage of the sales. Needless to say, we did lots of walking on Friday and Saturday. Then, the fun began...

Saturday evening at approximately 10:20, the contractions began. I told Brandon before we went to bed that I thought that I was having them but that I would wake him up if they continued. Well, at 1:30, I decided that it was time! The contractions were consistently coming at 5-6 minutes apart. Trying not to wake our company, we continued to monitor the contractions and prepare to go to the hospital. The one thing that I hadn't done was to pack the bag. At 3:30, we went and told my parents who were staying in the guest bedroom. After finally realizing that it was me, they shot straight up out of bed and from what I hear never went back to sleep. We ended up getting to the hospital at about 5:00 a.m.

After arriving at the hospital, I was told that I would be put on observation for 2 hours despite being dilated to 3 cm. About 5 minutes later, the nurse came back in and said that she had spoken to the doctor and that they were admitting me. Soon after, family began to arrive at the hospital in hopes of meeting our son.

At 1:33 p.m. on Sunday, Carson finally arrived! As I look into my son's eyes, tears fill them. I see a lot of Brandon in him, a little of me, and a whole lot of grace, love, and innocence from our Father. I feel like Christmas has already come. I can't imagine a better gift than to hold this newborn child that was knitted together by our Creator. He is perfect in every way! I look forward to seeing how God will use him in His Kingdom!


Mimi and Pop


Grandy and Granna


Aunt K.K.


Aunt Ashley and Uncle J


Nannie

No comments:

Post a Comment