Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thankful for...

This past month, there have been several scriptures from Colossians that I keep coming back to. As the days of our family of two coming to an end, I have been able to reflect on where we have come from and what the future holds. Just looking back over the past 8 months of pregnancy, two very special people in my life have gone to be with our Savior. Back in May, my Pappa, entered those Heavenly gates, and then, my uncle Rue followed shortly behind a week and half ago.

Carson, I know that you will never know these two men, but I want you to know what they meant to me. These men represented what family is all about. They loved our family! When I read Colossians 3:12, (Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.) I am reminded of them. They were men of God. They exemplified these characteristics, especially, "kindness". They lived very humble lives and were willing to provide for others wherever the need was. Both of these men, gave graciously so that your mommy could attend a college that helped shape her and mold her into the woman she is today and for that I am eternally grateful! Both of these men, knew that you were on your way, which puts a smile on my face. I pray that your Daddy and I will continue their example and lead you in a way that truly knows God. You see, it is not about a checklist of just going through the motions. It is so much greater than that! It is about a true, pure relationship with your Heavenly Father, Your Creator!



This picture just makes me laugh! It will always be a reminder of their humor and true love for each other:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment